Welcome to the IEEE Smart Grid Comm Media Center !
This online press room is a resource for the media and the attendees on conference activities. Here will be able to browse our press releases, archive materials, and find details about our most recent announcements.
Heather Ann Sweeney
IEEE Communications Society
Press Attending the Show / Press Credentials
Members of the media are invited to join us for IEEE SmartGridComm 2014...
We provide complimentary registrations for editorial staff of media outlets covering wireless technology related topics.
Press credentials are reserved for editorial members of the working press and for analysts. Those requesting media registration must be currently employed by an established news outlet. Analysts requesting accreditation must be currently employed by a research or financial istitution as either an industry analyst or financial analyst.
Submitting a Request for Credentials
In order to process your request, you must submit to the press contact the supporting documentation listed below, along with your name, editorial title, publication, address, phone, fax, e-mail and name of the event(s) you wish to attend as press.
Press registration is offered on a limited basis. IEEE SmartGridComm reserves the right to deny any applicant a press badge. We cannot issue credentials to publishers, corporate officers, or sales, advertising, public relations and/or technical support staff from any news outlet or other media/analyst organization.
Trade and Business Publications, Newspapers and Wire Services
Provide two of the following three items:
- A business card with your editorial title from an established publication or media outlet,
- A current masthead that includes your name and editorial title, or
- Two bylined industry-related articles published within the last six months.
Broadcast TV/Radio Reporters, Producers and Camera/Sound Crews
- A business card with your name, station name and logo, and title that represents these roles, or
- A broadcast station identification card with your name and title that represents these roles.
- An original letter (on letterhead) of assignment or a copy of your contract from the editor-in-chief at a news organization, or
- Two samples of bylined industry-related articles published within the last six months.
- A business card with name, editorial/analyst title, and analyst firm logo and
- A copy of a white paper, briefing or report published within the last six months, to which they have contributed.
Reporters from online publications covering smart grid communications must provide a business card and a letter of assignment. Web sites must provide editorial content—personal Web pages and personal blogs are not considered online publications.
Newsletter reporters must verify they have been retained to cover IEEE SmartGridComm by presenting a letter of assignment. Newsletter publications will be limited to one media representative.